Rohde & Schwarz CMW500 Wideband Radio Communication Tester
Network emulation: RF Tests under realistic conditions
When developing wireless devices, it is essential to test the communications interface under realistic network conditions. The R&S®CMW emulates the base station for all major cellular technologies from LTE to GSM and in addition wireless connectivity like WLAN and Bluetooth.
5G development: 5G NR sub 6 GHz network emulation
Fifth generation (5G) mobile communications will support mixed operation with LTE in so-called non-standalone (NSA) mode, which will be predominant worldwide in the first years. Together with R&S CMX500 radio communication tester the tried and tested R&S CMW500 provide support for 5G NSA test scenarios.
Wireless connectivity: Comprehensive network emulation
Bluetooth and WLAN are indispensable in the modern world of communications. Modern smartphones will transmit majority of their data based on these two technologies for an indefinite time. R&S CMW500 supports versatile tests for Bluetooth Classic and Low Energy, including all defined Bluetooth SIG RF signaling tests. In case of WLAN R&S CMW500 supports signaling tests starting from IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n up to 11ac and 11ax.
All in one: One tester for all layers and all phases of a product lifecycle
From RF to protocol to IP application – all layers are covered in a single instrument. The modular R&S®CMW platform covers all test requirements from development to certification and network optimization to production and service.
User experience testing: Test sequences by remote control
The R&S®CMW test platform can be used to perform, document and evaluate complex user experience tests under simulated, yet realistic conditions. An R&S®CMW tester combined with the R&S®CMW run automation tool provides an enormous test bandwidth that is unmatched on the market.
Standard-compliant test of automotive eCall systems
The R&S®CMW500 and R&S®SMBV100B are the ideal team to ensure a 100% reliably functioning eCall modules that rapidly sends an alert and enables stabile communications between rescue services and the vehicle involved in the collision.
IP application testing and traffic analysis: Tests under fully controlled network conditions
Thanks to deep packet inspection (DPI), IP streams from the application software are reliably analyzed for conformity and security. IP traffic, OTT behavior and battery life can be optimized for applications and mobile devices. The R&S®CMW platform offers an efficient test environment for executing complex IP application tests for various technologies.
C-V2C testing in a lab environment
Vehicle to everything (V2X) is a new generation of information and communication technologies that connect vehicles to everything and helps to improve safety on road and effectively manage traffic flow. Rohde & Schwarz base the integrated setup on the R&S®CMW500 Wideband Radio Communication Tester and the R&S®SMBV100B GNSS simulator, to perform Data transmission-, data reception and performance tests with various fading profiles as well as GCF validated protocol conformance test cases.
- 55 lb.
- Multi-RAT signaling: LTE, WCDMA, GSM, CDMA2000, 1xRTT/EV-DO, WLAN, Bluetooth
- LTE-Advanced: 8DL CC up to 4×4/8×2 MIMO fading, 2 UL CA
- WLAN 11 a / b / g / n / ac / ax SISO and MIMO signaling test
- Internal server for application testing
- All‑in‑one architecture with fully automatic RF path correction and Press & Go applications
- Base model: general‑purpose RF power meter and CW generator with List modes for fast calibration of wireless devices
- Vector signal analyzer (VSA) for transmitter verification
- Vector signal generator (VSG) for expanded receiver testing: ARB mode for short setup times or online mode for complex signals with high data volume
- Reference RF power measurement enabled by direct connection of R&S®NRP-Zxx power sensors
- Easy connection to wireless devices with complex RF architecture by using the integrated RF interface
- Second RF path available on the front panel with three additional RF connectors
- Multi-technology solution – Technologies: GSM / GPRS / EDGE / WCDMA / HSPA / Mobile WiMAX™ / CDMA2000® / 1xEV‑DO / TD‑SCDMA / GPS / DVB‑T
- High absolute accuracy plus repeatability and linearity
- State‑of‑the‑art graphical user interface (GUI)
- SCPI remote control via LAN/GPIB interface
- Ready for LXI Class C
- Optional digital signal interface module
- LTE eHRPD handover options for user equipment testing
- LTE handover options for WCDMA and GS
- Process controller with Windows® operating system for test routines and remote control via Windows® Remote Desktop