ConRes recognizes that business processes can have a negative impact on the environment. Were committed to finding ways in which we can improve our sustainability practices to positively impact our community, our society, and, ultimately, our planet.KEVIN MCCANN, COO
Over the past several years we have steadily improved our footprint. In addition to our recycling and sustainable sourcing efforts, we have replaced overhead fixtures lights with energy-efficient LEDs, installed solar panels on the roof of our corporate headquarters, added 2, Level 2 EV stations (in the ChargePoint Network) that can accommodate 4 EVs at the same time.
Solar currently provides more than 1/3 of our electric needs. As we continue to identify and implement methods to reduce, reuse, and recycle, we expect solar to increase as a percentage of our total energy consumption.
Sustainability and Environmental Management Policy Statement
Continental Resources (ConRes) recognizes that its day-to-day operations can impact both directly and indirectly on the global environment. We have set goals to protect and improve the environment around us through responsible management and by adopting best practices in the area of sustainabilitywherever possible.
ConRes works to integrate sustainability and environmental considerations into our business decisions, incorporates greener alternatives throughout our operations, and requests that our suppliers do the same as well.
Our goals are to:
- Comply with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations.
- Prevent pollution to land, air and water.
- Reduce water and energy use.
- Establish targets to measure the continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
- Promote environmentally responsible purchasing.
- Involve the community, customers, partners, suppliers and subcontractors in the implementation of our objectives.
- Identify and manage environmental risks and hazards.
- Provide suitable training to enable employees to deal with and meet our corporate environmental goals.
- Minimize waste and increase recycling within the framework of our waste management procedures.
Our policies involve all employees and make it part of their responsibility to help ConRes work towards our goals and objectives within this framework.
Some of the more recent projects at Continental Resources that promote sustainability include:
- Replacing all the outdated fluorescent fixtures at our corporate headquarters with newer, more efficient models. This resulted in a significant reduction in our electricity consumption.
- Recycling all paper and packaging.
- Replacing bottled water with newer technology water fountains so bottles are no longer required.
- Updating all plumbing fixtures to conserve water.
- Even something as small as requesting that employees to use the Calibri typeface which, according to an Associated Press article published in April 2010, is one of the more efficient fonts for ink and paper conservation.