Tektronix 4 Series MSO Mixed Signal Oscilloscope
Never let a lack of channels slow down your verification and debug process again!The 4 Series MSO offers better visibility into complex systems by offering four and six channel models with a 13.3-inch high-definition (1,920 x 1,080) display. Many applications, such as embedded systems, three-phase power electronics, automotive electronics, power supply design, and DC-to-DC power converters, require the observation of more than four analog signals to verify and characterize device performance, and to debug challenging system issues. Most engineers can recall situations in which they were debugging a particularly difficult problem and wanted greater system visibility and context, but the scope they were using was limited to two or four analog channels. Using a second scope involves significant effort to align trigger points, difficulty in determining timing relationships across the two displays, and documentation challenges. And while you might assume that a six channel scope would cost 50% more than a four-channel scope, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that six channel models are only ~20% more than four channel models. The additional analog channels can pay for themselves quickly by enabling you to keep current and future projects on schedule.
FlexChannel®technology enables maximum flexibility and broader system visibilityThe 4 Series MSO redefines what a Mixed Signal Oscilloscope (MSO) should be. FlexChannel technology enables each channel input to be used as a single analog channel, eight digital logic inputs (with the TLP058 logic probe), or simultaneous analog and spectrum views1with independent acquisition controls for each domain. Imagine the flexibility and configurability this provides. With a six FlexChannel model, you can configure the instrument to look at six analog and zero digital signals. Or five analog and eight digital. Or four analog and 16 digital, three analog and 24 digital and so on. You can change the configuration at any time by simply adding or removing TLP058 logic probes, so you always have the right number of digital channels.
FlexChannel technology enables the ultimate in flexibility. Each input can be configured as a single analog or eight digital channels based on the type of probe you attach.Previous-generation MSOs required tradeoffs, with digital channels having lower sample rates or shorter record lengths than analog channels. The 4 Series MSO offers a new level of integration of digital channels. Digital channels share the same high sample rate (up to 6.25 GS/s), and long record length (up to 62.5) Points for analog channels.
- 4 or 6 FlexChannel® inputs
- Each FlexChannel provides:
- One analog signal that can be displayed as a waveform view, a spectrum view1, or both simultaneously
- Eight digital logic inputs with TLP058 logic probe
Bandwidth (all analog channels)
- 200 MHz, 350 MHz, 500 MHz, 1 GHz, 1.5 GHz (upgradable)
Sample rate (all analog / digital channels)
- Real-time: 6.25 GS/s
Record length (all analog / digital channels)
- 31.25 Mpoints standard (62.5 Mpoints optional upgrade)
Waveform capture rate
- >500,000 waveforms/s
- 12-bit ADC
- Up to 16-bits in High Res mode
Standard trigger types
- Edge, Pulse Width, Runt, Timeout, Window, Logic, Setup & Hold, Rise/Fall Time, Parallel Bus, Sequence, Visual Trigger
- Auxiliary Trigger ≤300 VRMS (Edge Trigger only)
- Cursors: Waveform, V Bars, H Bars, V&H Bars
- Measurements: 36
- FastFrameTM: Segmented memory acquisition mode with maximum trigger rate >5,000,000 waveforms per second
- Plots: Time Trend, Histogram and Spectrum
- Math: Basic waveform arithmetic, FFT, and advanced equation editor
- Search: Search on any trigger criteria
- Spectrum View
- Mask Testing
- Power Measurements and Analysis
Optional serial bus trigger, decode and analysis
- I2C, SPI, I3C, RS-232/422/485/UART, SPMI, CAN, CAN FD, LIN, FlexRay, SENT, USB 2.0, Ethernet, I2S, LJ, RJ, TDM, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, Spacewire, 8B/10B, NRZ
- 50 MHz waveform generation
- Waveform Types: Arbitrary, Sine, Square, Pulse, Ramp, Triangle, DC Level, Gaussian, Lorentz, Exponential Rise/Fall, Sin(x)/x, Random Noise, Haversine, Cardiac
- 4-digit AC RMS, DC, and DC+AC RMS voltage measurements
Trigger frequency counter2
- 13.3-inch (338 mm) TFT color
- High Definition (1,920 x 1,080) resolution
- Capacitive (multi-touch) touchscreen
- USB 2.0 Host, USB 2.0 Device (5 ports); LAN (10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet); HDMI 3
- Remotely view and control the oscilloscope over a network connection through a standard web browser
- 9.8 in (249 mm) H x 17.7 in (450 mm) W x 6.1 in (155 mm) D
- Weight: <16.8 lbs. (7.6 kg)
1Optional and upgradable.
2Free with product registration.
3Requires connection to high definition display (1,920 x 1,080 resolution).
- 22 lb.
Pre-Configured Systems for Sale, Rent or Lease
|Model #||Installed Options||Price||Buying Option|
|MSO44 4-BW-500 NEW||N/A||Buy Now on eBay|